- There are several types of wigs available like the human hair wigs and the synthetic hair wigs. In general human hair wigs are made by hand while the synthetic wigs are machine made. However there is more to human hairs wigs that you may know.
- There is the premium human hair wigs, which as the name suggests tend to be more expensive. This is the Remy Hair Wig.
- However Remy hair is often referred to as Virgin hair which at times creates a lot of confusion as to whether they are the same or is there some difference. The simple answer to this question is that Remy human hair and Virgin human hair are not the same.
- However this answer is likely to generate another question and that is “What is the difference Remy and Virgin Hair?” The answer to this question is slightly more complicated and hence you will need to read this article to the end to understand that.
Virgin hair is the human hair that has never been processed and in fact is intact. There standards are pretty high to quality to be virgin hair. However in general it is safe to say that the human hair is virgin hair if it passed the rules stated here:
- The human hair has never been permed.
- Dye has never been applied to the hair.
- No color of any kind has been applied to the hair.
- The hair has never been bleached.
- The hair has not undergone any chemical process.
- The hair is from a single donor.
- All the cuticles of the hair are intact and running in the same direction.
- The hair has not been blow dried.
- The hair has never been exposed to harsh environments (this includes smoke, drugs, etc).
- Remy human hairs wigs at of high quality grade. The Remy hair wigs will have all the hair strands in the same direction and also be of the same length. This ensures that they are of high quality and more or less tangle free. Remy hair are also chemically treated (dyed).
- The description may similar to that of the Virgin Human hair and you are right to some extent. Because the fact is that a Remy Hair Wig is made from Virgin Human hair however it is processed to some extent while Virgin hair is not at all processed.
- Remy hair is processed to a very small extent and that is the reason they are softer, silkier, more beautiful and tangle free as compared to normal human hair. Remy hair may also be permed however they will always retain the cuticle.
The finer details:
- Virgin hair doesn’t necessarily have to be from any specific place or country. That said there most popular countries for Virgin hair are India, Malaysia, Russia. There are several others sources though like the other European and Asian countries.
- Virgin hair is often used to make high quality lace front wigs, closure pieces and even hair extensions. Among the celebrities who do use Virgin hair comes Beyonce.
- Since Remy hair wigs are essentially use Virgin hair, what is true for Virgin hair in terms of the sources is also true for Remy hair. Some of the celebrities that are known to use Remy hair wigs include Rihanna and Megan Fox.
Elevates Styles gives you the correct guidance:
- Elevate Styles is an e-commerce website that allows you to buy a wig of your choice. However since there are many to choose from it can get confusing at times.
- There is a subtle difference between Remy hair wigs and Virgin hair wigs which you know all too well by now.
- However to clarify details about the wigs so that you know what is right for you it is possible either browse through the numerous products available online or contact Elevate Styles for assistance via he customer Form available online.