Simplest Ways to Renew Your Lace WigLace Wig needs to be renewed regularly to keep the shine intact. To save the Wig from being damaged, you have to revive it with utmost care.
There are certain steps to be followed and tips to be taken care of. Here are the 5 simplest ways to renew lace wig. Before you hurry up, gather the supplies you must require---
NOTE: Don’t Use The Procedure With The Silicone Hair
- Adhesive Remover (i.e. C22 Citrus Solvent)
- Mild Shampoo - I recommend a wig shampoo
- Hand Dish Washing Liquid
- Plastic/Metal Container
- Fingernail Brush
- Plastic/Metal Container
- Sink with running water
- Toilet Paper
Remove The Adhesive/Tape
- Remove the hairpiece tape from the polyurethane areas
- Flick or scrape up the edge of the tape gently to start the peeling
- First soak your lace wig in the adhesive remover
- Let it be for several hours before peeling it off
- Immerse Wig in cold water for 1 minute
- Use a piece of toilet paper to get a better grip
- It may be slippery, if you soak it first.
Soak the Lace Wig
- Soak the lace in a plastic or stainless steel container
- Soak it 20 to 24 hours according to the types of lace
- If there is tape on the lace areas, it will naturally be released after about 5-30 minutes of soaking and float to the top of the solvent.
- If using a higher tack tape, you may have to adjust the soak time again.
- Scrap the strips of tape from the container as they are released.
- Throughout the process, you got to be hands-on the task.
Clean Your Lace Wig
- Remove it from the solution
- And lay it in a sink face up; just to ensure the hair is on the bottom.
- Brush the swollen adhesive residue
- With a finger nail brush to loosen
- And break it free to clean its areas gently.
- Use a teaspoon for scrapping any excess residue off softly with short vertical strokes.
- Place your unit back into container
- For 2-3 more minutes
- For having got most of the excess residue off.
Rinse Your Lace Wig
- Move the wig from the solvent back
- Squirt a liberal amount of hand dish washing liquid
- Onto the base while it is still dripping wet with solvent
- Glide the fingernail brush across the edge of the base and out through the hair
- Make sure all the remaining adhesive residue slide off easily.
- Rinse the wig with high pressure lukewarm water
- Down through the base after a few minutes of brushing.
(Repeat This Step One More Time, ensuring there is no adhesive residue left.)
- Shampoo and Condition the Lace Wig
- Shampoo and Condition it.
- Apply Shampoo for a minute
- Wash the unit again after rinsing thoroughly; using a mild shampoo to balance the acid level and lastly condition.
- Apply conditioner to Wig 1 minute
- The unit is clean and clear of any old adhesive residue! If you want your lace wig to remain delicately as gorgeous as you ever desire, you, got to be doing regular cleaning.
- Isn’t it ready to embrace you all over again? Wear the beautiful wig; hasn’t it brought back the smile on your face? Indeed, it has!
- You can look for more guides through our most informative articles. They not only provide you great care but also teach you how you can remain at your best every time you step out.