The Bob cut hairstyle is more popular with women than it is with men. It is a short hair that is generally at the jaw level and around the head. In fact some of the Bob wigs even have bangs (fringe) at the front.
A brief history
- It might come as a surprise for you to lean that the Bob hairstyle is more than simply another hairstyle. It was a statement for young independent women. In fact there was a time when women usually only wore their hair long and it was not considered respectable to have short hair. This dates back to the time before World War I when young girls at time did have short hair but it was not considered respectable for the women to have such short hair.
- However that was a gradual change that occurred notably in the English Society and women began to wear their hair short and it started becoming acceptable to do so as well. In face it was in 1915 that Irene Castle introduced the “Castle Bob” hair style which became quite popular.
- The Bob hair cut wig thus then became a statement for the Independent young women as more number of women began adopting this (short Hair cut, Bob style) style. This was a time when it was quite common to see many young women choosing to snip of their long hair (which would have taken years to grow long) and opt for the Bob cut.
- A new variation of the Bob cut, the Shingle Bob was introduced in 1924 and was also referred to as the Graduated Bob. This was a some shaped bob cut with the hair at the neck cut very short in a ‘V’ shape.
Popularity of the Bob Cut today
The Bob cut has grown in popularity over the years and is quite popular today. In addition to which there are also several variations introduced form the traditional Bob to the ‘Lob’(Longer Bob) and even ‘Mob’ (man bob) and now the “Wob” (Wavy Bob).
The Bob cut wigs have kept up with the changes too and there are many types of Bob cut wigs available. A few of them are listed below:
- Human hair Bob cut wigs
- Human hair Bob cut wigs with bangs
- Short Bob style wigs
- Bob style wigs with bangs
- Short Bob wigs for Black Women
- Invisible part Bob wig
- Synthetic Bob Lace front wigs
Some of the celebrities that wear the Bob Cut are listed here:
- Sienna Miller
- Victoria Beckham
- Charlize Theron
- Katie Holmes
- Britney Spears
Bob wigs at Elevates Styles
- Elevate Styles is an e-commerce website where there is no dearth of choices when it comes to selecting a wig. However since there are many to choose from it can get confusing at times.
- Hence if confused and require more details about the wigs to know what is right for you it is possible either browse through the numerous products available online or contact Elevate Styles for assistance via the customer Form available online.